The Canadian Scholarship Trust Foundation (CSTF) Customer Satisfaction Study Contest
Share This Page
NO PURCHASE OR SURVEY COMPLETION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR SURVEY COMPLETION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The CST Customer Satisfaction Study Contest (the “Contest”) will commence on August 1, 2017 at 12:00:01 AM (ET) and end at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 8, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
2. GENERAL: This contest is being conducted by C.S.T Consultants Inc. (CSTC) (the “Sponsor”) and facilitated by J.D. Power and Associates (the “Organizer”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be enrolled in one of the Education Savings Plans (“ESPs”) offered by CSTC, must be the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he or she is residing at the time of entry into the Contest and have received an email invitation to the Contest. Employees, representatives, agents, officers, and directors of the Sponsor, the Organizer and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, and branches, advertising and promotional agencies, and those with whom the above are domiciled, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest.
a. To enter by completing the survey: By completing the survey in its entirety, you will be automatically entered in the Contest. Only one (1) email address per entrant and only one entrant per email address is allowed during the entire Contest Period. Internet entries received other than through the survey URL are invalid.
b. To enter without completing the survey: On a plain piece of paper, print your name, complete address, daytime telephone number (including area code), email address and date of birth, and mail to:
CSTC Customer Satisfaction Study Contest
161 Bay St, 27th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2S1
Mail-in entries must be mailed in an envelope bearing sufficient postage, postmarked by September 8, 2017 and received no later than September 22, 2017.
Upon receipt, all entries received will be automatically entered into the draw. All entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on September 22, 2017, (the “Final Closing Date”).
6. LIMIT OF NUMBER OF ENTRIES: Limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Any person who is found to have entered more than one (1) time will be disqualified and all their entries may be disqualified. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc) does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and the Organizer upon receipt and none will be acknowledged or returned.
7. PRIZES: There will be a total of three (3) prizes available to be won. One (1) cash prize of $1,000 and two (2) cash prizes of $500 each will be awarded. Each Winner will have the option of keeping the prize as awarded, or choosing to have the cash prize contributed to the ESP (or plan) the Winner currently holds with the Canadian Scholarship Trust Foundation (CSTF). Any costs or expenses incurred by the Winners in claiming or using their prizes will be the responsibility of the Winners.
8. DRAWS: A random draw will be held on October 4, 2017 (the “Draw Date”) at or about 4:00 PM (ET) at 161 Bay St, 27th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2S1 by the Organizer. Odds of being selected for a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each selected entrant will be contacted by e-mail or registered mail within ten (10) business days of the Draw Date. In the event that a selected entrant declines the prize or does not return the Form (as described in paragraph 9 below) within fifteen (15) business days from the mailing date, the entrant will be disqualified, and at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, his/her entitlement to receive the cash prize will be forfeited, and an alternate eligible entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries and the above process will be repeated. As a condition of being declared a Winner, each selected entrant must first correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by e-mail, mail or courier. In the event that a selected entrant incorrectly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected and the process above will be repeated. This process will be repeated until such time as there are three (3) confirmed Winners.
9. RELEASE: Each Winner must complete and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability and Publicity Release Form (the “Form”). By completing and returning the Form, and accepting a cash prize, a Winner confirms compliance with the Official Rules and acknowledges that the cash prize must be accepted as awarded or have the cash prize contributed to the ESP the Winner currently holds with CSTF. Winners understand that only one of these options may be chosen. The Form must be returned within the time period specified in paragraph 8 above or the cash prize will be forfeited. Further, upon acceptance of a prize, each Winner releases the Sponsor and the Organizer, and their respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and the awarding and use of the cash prize. The Winner also consents, to the extent permitted by law, to the use of his/her name, image, voice, likeness, address (city and province), and/or photographs, without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor or the Organizer with respect to the Contest. The cash prize will be delivered by mail (or, at the Winner’s election, contributed to his/her ESP which he/she holds with CSTF) within 50 days of receipt of the Form at the address indicated on the Contest Entry. No correspondence will be entered into except with the Winners.
10. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor and the independent contest organization, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an on-line entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided at the time of entry. An “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
11. GENERAL: The Sponsor and the Organizer do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for:
i. the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or entries which fail to comply with the Official Rules;
ii. late, lost, delayed, altered, destroyed, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, postage-due, misidentified, misdirected or undeliverable entries, winner notifications and/or submitted Forms;
iii. any failure of the website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion;
iv. defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software;
v. failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof;
vi. any damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest;
vii. any loss, damage, or claims caused by the awarded cash prize or the Contest itself; or
viii. any other matter whatsoever. Entries deemed irregular by Sponsor or Organizer or that otherwise are not in compliance with the Official Rules, will be considered void. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize, or the cash value thereof. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest and/or Contest Website, violates the Official Contest Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. RIGHT TO CANCEL, SUSPEND OR MODIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) with respect to the province of Quebec, and disqualify any individual who is responsible for such action. If terminated, subject to the permission of the Régie, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the Winners from among all eligible on-line Entries received up to time of such action using the procedures outlined herein and all mail-in entries received by the Final Closing Date.
13. FOR QUÉBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.