Share This Page
January 2016 | Episode 1
Today, we’ll be taking a quick look at the December 2015 sales report and what’s projected for February.
Happy to report: December marked the best-ever retail sales month with total sales up 136K to 1.64M. Though sales growth was off the charts, the month’s reported SAAR of 17.3M was not so great.
3 conditions drove this record sales performance:
- High incentive spends
- Increased pickup, SUV, van sales
- More consumers returning to market, particularly as their leases expire
So to close this month strong, what do you need to know?
- January will produce the lowest retail sales of the year
- Large pickup sales will experience typical seasonal month-over-month declines
- Luxury sales will also experience steep seasonal declines as holiday marketing and incentive programs conclude
To learn more about what your dealership can do to begin 2016 strong, please visit mypowerdealer.com. Thanks for watching, stay tuned for the next edition of “Power Minute”!